November 7, 2013

Soy sauce Spaghetti with Mushrooms



When I was in Boston, An American friend was surprised that I (Japanese) cooked pasta for lunch at home. She believed that Japanese cook Japanese cuisine every day. I was surprised that Japanese were misunderstood in that way. I cook pasta almost everyday for lunch. When I worked at a TV station as a news reporter, I didn’t have  time to have lunch so I ate rice-bowls in front of the PC while I was writing news scripts. My lunch time was only 5-10 minutes. However, now I don’t work and have enough time to cook lunch. After cleaning, washing clothes and dishes and having English lesson (I’m still studying English) in the morning, I enjoy choosing ingredients and sauce from refrigerator to make pasta.  I like pasta with a heavy sauce such as Carbonara and Bolognese, but I often like to cook and eat lighter pasta based on olive oil like Aglio e olio. Sometimes I cook a Japanese version of pasta with soy sauce, sake, and sugar. The pasta which Im showing you today is my favorite and I have eaten this dish four days in a row. Is it awkward to have soy sauce, sake, and cheese together? No, this combination is really delicious!!!! Cook with your favorite variety of mushrooms, and enjoy the autumn colored pasta.

Video Recipe is here ↓↓



  
-Japanese Pasta-
Soy sauce flavored Spaghetti with mushrooms and bacon
By Natsuko Kure • November 7th, 2013




Print this recipe

Serves 1
¼lb. (100g) spaghetti
2oz.(50g) thick-cut bacon
2oz. (50g) a variety of mushrooms
Red pepper flakes
2 Tablespoon Parmigiano Reggiano
1 Tablespoon Garlic oil

{Japanese Pasta sauce}
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sake
1 teaspoon sugar












1. Chop bacon into small pieces. Separate or cut mushrooms into small pieces.

2. In a pot, boil 1 quart of water. When boiling add 2 teaspoons kosher salt and  pasta; cook  for 2 minutes shorter than Package directions.
------------Meanwhile--------------
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat, brown bacon. Add mushrooms; cook until brown. Remove the bacon and mushrooms from the skillet.  Reduce the heat to low. Add garlic oil (including pieces of garlic) and red pepper flakes; cook for about 2 minutes or until fragrant*. Return the bacon and mushrooms, and add 1 Tablespoon of the Boiling water from Pasta pot and Japanese Pasta Sauce. Shake the skillet to emulsify the sauce.

4. Add the spaghetti to the skillet. Toss well to combine. Let it rest for a few minutes to allow the sauce to coat the pasta.

5. Serve with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese




Additional Notes:
*Be careful not to burn or over-brown the garlic because it will taste bitter.



Garlic oil
By Natsuko Kure • November 7th, 2013




Print this recipe

To make 1/2 cup
1/2 cup olive oil
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped








1. Put olive oil and garlic into Jam Jar.




Additional Notes:
You can keep in refrigerator for about 1-2 months.




No comments:

Post a Comment